Homeowner Associations » Commercial Liability

Introduction to Commercial Liability Insurance

Commercial Liability Insurance covers third-party claims to either bodily injury or property owned by others. Unlike first party Property Losses, where potential loss to amage is limited by the value of the property, third party Liability claims potential for loss is virtually unlimited. A Liability policy protects the insured from an action that causes a loss to another.

Losses that are typically covered in a General Liability policy include:

  • Any Property Damage to others as a result of negligence by the insured
  • Payments to others for any Bodily Injury as a result of negligence by the insured.
  • This can include Medical Payments, Loss of Earnings, Mental Anguish and Suffering.

Whether your association is a Condominium or a Planned Unit Development, you will need to purchase General Liability Coverage on your personal lines policy to supplement the master policy of the association. For more information on the individual insurance coverage you will need to supplement the master policy for this type of association, please click here.

Designed by: