Homeowner Associations » Hard To Place

Introduction to High Risk Insurance

It’s not always easy to obtain coverage for an association. For instance, if a property has a special circumstance, such as a poor loss history, an unfenced pool, or a very high replacement cost, they may find it difficult obtaining insurance through the standard market. This is where an independent insurance broker can help obtain high risk insurance coverage by using an excess/surplus lines carrier.

Did You Know…

  • An agent cannot place coverage with a non-admitted carrier without first submitting and being declined by three admitted carriers. They are then required to file a “diligent search report,” summarizing their submissions with the state.
  • All insurance carriers, both admitted and non-admitted, are rated based on their performance in handling a claim, and their financial size and strength.
  • The majority of professional liability policies are written with non-admitted carriers. These include contractors general liability, doctors (medical malpractice), architectural liability and attorneys liability.
  • All Worker’s Compensation policies must be written with an admitted carrier.


Designed by: